GiveBIG 2017: Needed Now More Than Ever
Support NoHLA through Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG!
- GiveBIG Seattle is a one-day online giving event hosted by the Seattle Foundation to raise funds for nonprofit organizations serving Greater Seattle.
- GiveBIG is the 3rd largest giving day in the country and is estimated to have more than 1,600 participating nonprofit organizations.
- This year, GiveBIG will be held on Wednesday, May 10 from midnight to midnight.
- Gifts can be scheduled ahead of time, starting on April 27th!
- Visit the website to learn more about GiveBIG.
Double Your Awesome
When you donate to NoHLA through GiveBIG, your donations will be matched dollar to dollar thanks to the Supporters and Board Members who helped establish our Match Pool. Donate to NoHLA sometime between April 27th and May 10th, and double your awesome!
NoHLA Board Executives (Audrey Sheffield, Lori Buchsbaum, Blake Marks-Dias, and Janet Varon) want to thank the Supporters and Board Members who helped establish our $10,500 Match Pool, surpassing our goal by $500!
Their outstanding generosity demonstrates the importance of NoHLA’s mission to improve healthcare access for all, and protect the recent improvements made to health care access in Washington.
We hope you are inspired by their commitment and will join them in supporting NoHLA.
Blake and Jodi Marks-Dias
Charlie Mitchell and Holly Chamberlain
Elizabeth and Scott Davis
John and Audrey Sheffield
Julie Severson and Matt Sneddon
Julie Shapiro and Shelly F. Cohen
Kathleen Bradley and Dan Lessler
Kathleen and Tom Lemly
Kris Manos and Dave Shryock
Lori and Steve Buchsbaum
Mark Wener and Corinne Fligner
. . . and 4 anonymous donors.
Why Give to NoHLA?
Your support allows NoHLA to be the voice for consumers in the healthcare debate. With your help, we can continue to provide high quality analysis, training, and representation to individuals and community groups as we work hard to protect and enhance access to health care coverage and services. Your donation strengthens NoHLA’s role as a key organization supporting health care access for Washington residents. Here are some examples of the recent work we were able to do with your help:
- Health Reform implementation: NoHLA has played a key role in improving Washington’s Medicaid expansion and Exchange, leading to better coordination and access — enabling many more people to be insured.
- Contraceptive coverage advocacy with insurers: NoHLA issued a groundbreaking “secret shopper” report finding that insurers gave women inaccurate information on contraceptives now covered at no cost. In response, many insurers took corrective action, improving access to coverage.
- Searchable appeals database: NoHLA successfully advocated for a database of decisions when consumers appealed health insurers’ denials of coverage. It’s now available at oic.wa.gov.
Thank you for helping us to improve healthcare access for everyone!